Friday, July 31, 2009

Next weeks tweak: GO TO BED!

“Any kid will run any errand for you, if you ask at bedtime.”
-Red Skelton


Were you a kid like that? Are you still a kid like that? I'm afraid I am. I can think dozens of reasons why it would be easy to stay up late. You don't believe me? Here are half a dozen off the top of my head, written in sixty seconds or less.
  1. This book is SOOOOO good.
  2. I want to see how this movie ends.
  3. Hubby (who works the night shift) is home tonight and I want to stay up and have fun with him.
  4. I slept in this morning and I'm not tired now.
  5. I had a really long nap this afternoon and I'm not tired now.
  6. And the one that always gets me - The dishes aren't done.
Give me another minute and I could come up with many more!

There is ALWAYS a reason to stay up late, at least for me. But how much better is your entire day when you get a good nights sleep the night before? Doesn't it feel wonderful to wake up NATURALLY before your obnoxious alarm goes off?

I picked this as my first tweak because I thought it would be easy (it wasn't) and because I felt like it would be a great foundation for getting a lot of other things done. Hopefully some day it will come easier for me. In the meantime, I'm being gentle with myself and doing the best that I can. This week I'll share a few of suggestions for achieving this tweak and a few of the many reasons why it's so important.

For now,

PICK A BEDTIME THAT YOU CAN STICK TO EVERY DAY AND GO TO BED.

No comments:

Post a Comment